Show Me



Show Me
You show me how to live
and all that You want to see in me
and You're showing me what faithfulness looks like

You show me how to give
You tell me you're wanting all of me
and you're showing me what "no one else" looks like

Show me how to learn
I am at Your feet
listening to words You say to me
show me how to love
I am in your hands
keep you close to me

This song comes from a simple direction from the LORD: stop doing stuff and learn to be faithful.
I was so preoccupied with, What can I do for God? I'm not doing anything for God. Do I just try stuff and see what works? I'm not getting a direction. I'm the wicked servant who hides talents! I began to beat myself up over this!

That simple direction was hard to take in. Do nothing!?
All God wanted me to do was to sit at His feet, learn, and learn to be faithful.

I had to learn that sitting and learning at His feet isn't doing nothing. It made me think about faithfulness and what that looks like. What it looked like to have "no other gods" before Him. I realized that I hadn't been completely faithful--I had always put someone or something before Him.
This impacted me. He didn't deserve to come second to anyone or anything. He wanted me all to Himself.
Realizing that rearranged all kinds of priorities and brought me closer to Him. And when all is said and done, that's the point: be close to God. 

Mary had the idea...

Luke 10:38-42 (NKJV)
Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house.
And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word.
But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me."
And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things.
"But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."

"No one else" = No other gods before Him



Comments