Forgiven




Forgiven
Words and music by Mari 

Here I am
I don't stand a chance at life without You
Broken now
Underneath the weight of all my ways
So here and now
I pray Lord, I want to seek Your face and
Feel You out, somehow, You take away my shame

Here I am again
As my tears roll off my cheeks and when
They fall on His feet
I wipe them with my hair and then
He's smiling at me
Understanding love I'm giving Him
Declaring me to all who see...forgiven

Here I am
You have given me my cause for breathing
Showing how
You can breathe new life inside of me
And somehow
You have shown me love without a reason
Sinful as I stand, You take me as I am

You saw my need
You sheltered me
When no one else would see me You were my defense
I ran into Your arms
There saved by grace, You lift my face
To look in Yours and feel embrace 
And now I'll stay redeemed inside your heart

©2012 All Rights Reserved
__________________________________________________________

There was a sinful woman who encountered Christ. Everyone knew she was bad...even her! But when she came in contact with the Forgiver, she turned into a worshipper. The custom was to wash feet--she cried on them and dried them with her hair. The custom was to anoint the head with oil--she anointed His feet (with the expensive stuff!). The custom was to greet with a kiss--she kissed His feet.  
She took what was standardly respectful and elevated it. Why? because she had sinned much and therefore, had been forgiven much, which made her love much. 



But don't take THIS reformed bad girl's word for it : 



Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee's house, and sat down to eat. And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that [Jesus] sat at the table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind [Him] weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped [them] with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed [them] with the fragrant oil. Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw [this], he spoke to himself, saying, "This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman [this is] who is touching Him, for she is a sinner." And Jesus answered and said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." So he said, "Teacher, say it." "There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. "And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?" Simon answered and said, "I suppose the [one] whom he forgave more." And He said to him, "You have rightly judged." Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped [them] with the hair of her head. "You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. "You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. "Therefore I say to you, her sins, which [are] many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, [the same] loves little." Then He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace." - Luk 7:36-50 NKJV

Comments