My Father

My Father


(spoken)
The time is at hand
The day grows near
The hour approaches when I'll see You face to face

You're coming so soon
I want to touch You now and see You now
At times I can't even feel You now
Help me Lord, I want to feel You, let me feel You

Hook:
You will split the sky and I will see You with my eyes
and cry my night has finally come to an end
You will split the sky and I will see You with my eyes
and cry my night has finally come to and end

See me when I sleep
Hear me when I cry to Thee
and grasp me when my heart is far from You

You will be my peace
Daily I will follow Thee
There's nothing in this life I'd rather do

(hook)

Speak to me in dreams
Hear the things that my heart screams
Let me know that time is drawing near

You will be here soon
Cleanse my heart of things I do
Let me know there's nothing hid from You

(Hook)

Bridge:
Hear me now, My Father
Right now my heart is crying out for only You
Be near me now, My Father
It seems this life is not worth living without You

------------------------------------------------------------
This song is a call to the Lord saying: I'm waiting for You!

In the beginning of the song you can hear a clock ticking, which represents time counting down until Jesus returns. As the music and vocals come in, the ear is distracted and the ticking is no longer heard...unless you're listening for it. It plays through the whole song.

I wanted to make the point that as we focus on activities, making long-term plans, setting goals, and living our lives, time is always ticking closer to Jesus' return, whether we think about it or not.

Something to look forward to:


[16] For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. [17] Then we who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. [18] Therefore comfort one another with these words. - 1Th 4:16-18 NKJV

Comments